Thank you for your interest in TAP leadership roles!
TAP is structured with two layers of leadership, an elected executive team and an appointed cabinet (chairs). Executive team members oversee the broader mission of TAP, while cabinet members plan and lead specific events and programs. To be eligible for an executive team position, a TAP member must have previously served as an executive team or cabinet member.
TAP supports a fully democratic and open selection process of executive team officers for each term, which runs from August to August of each year. To declare candidacy for TAP executive team position(s):
- Fill out and submit the Declaration of Candidacy form by July 5, 2011 to email@example.com
- You will receive a confirmation email acknowledging your declaration of candidacy.
- You will have a chance to speak with candidates and submit votes during the TAP BBQ on July 9, 2011
- A complete list of all candidates will be made available on the TAP website on July 9, 2011
- Members who cannot attend the TAP BBQ can still vote online by submitting a ballot by July 12, 2011
- Results will be announced on the TAP website by July 13, 2011
- Only paid TAP members can vote (vote submissions from non-members will be discarded)
As a candidate, you can declare your candidacy for up to 3 positions. Your name will be on the ballot for all the positions you declare, independent of each other. If you are not elected for the first position, then you will still be eligible for the second and third positions. Each position will be treated separately.
The sequence of voting will be determined by the positions that are the most contested first. Otherwise, the default sequence is: President, External Vice President, Internal Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
For example, Jane Chen declared candidacy for: President, Internal Vice President, and Secretary. Since votes are tabulated first for the President position, if Jane won, then she would be the President. If Jane is not elected as President, then she will still be a candidate for Internal Vice President, with which the voting for the Presidency has no bearing on the voting for the Internal Vice Presidency. The same process follows if she is not elected as Internal Vice President, but she is still eligible as a candidate for Secretary.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks and we look forward to your candidate declarations!
Chris Chang, 2010-2011 TAP President.