When: Sunday, November 18, 5pm – 8pm
Where: Formosan United Methodist Church: 788 Lewelling Boulevard,
Description: TAP-SF presents our first IRON CHEF competition. Compete in teams of up to six for the title of Iron Chefs.
This month’s theme: DUMPLINGS! WHOSE CUISINE WILL REIGN SUPREME?!
Early-bird price: $10 TAP Paid Members, $15 Non-members (prices will go up at the door). Pay here: https://www.wepay.com/
1. Form a team of two to six participants
2. Create dumplings using the ingredients and supplies provided
3. Use the secret ingredient that will be announced at the competition.
4. Teams will be judged on taste, presentation, and creativity.
5. We will all be eating our creations….so come hungry!Ingredients that will be provided to each team:
• Ground Pork (1 pound)
• Ground Beef (1 pound)
• Dumpling wrappers
• Green onions
• Chinese chives
• Soy sauce
• Rice vinegar
• Sesame oil
• Sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper
• Gloves and Hairnets
• Cutting board
• Cutting knife
• Wooden spoon
• Mixing bowl
• Small bowls for dipping sauce
• Rice cooker
Teams are welcome to bring extra ingredients, portable cooking appliances, and anything for a better presentation of their dumplings.